Posts By: admin
While hard to believe, this bitterly cold winter is almost over. With springtime just around the corner, now is the ideal time to start planning a new pool deck for the backyard of your Nashville home. Whether you have ideas of your own or want to spend time scouring the internet for inspiration, make sure you select a qualified installer or contractor for the job. Also, that individual should use only the best products available such as SUNDEK’s popular Classic Texture.
For one thing, you want to consider who typically uses the pool. Why does that matter? Well, if you have children or family and friends with kids who visit often to swim, it is imperative that you select a pool deck for your Nashville home with a surface that’s slip-resistant and cool to the touch. That will dramatically reduce the risk of someone falling and sustaining an injury or burning the bottoms of their feet.
Even the frequency of using the pool matters. Whether for fitness or recreation, you should consider a pool deck that will last as long as your Nashville home. Having a surface that wears extremely well and lasts year after year decreases the amount of work you put in on maintenance. Also, if you ever decide to put your house on the market, a beautiful pool and deck make a great selling point.
Of course, you do not want to overlook the pool deck’s appearance. Although you have many different options, the benefit of an acrylic spray texture coating such as SUNDEK’s Classic Texture is that you can customize it with a variety of colors, patterns, and textures. Depending on the look that you decide on, a professional installer can create beautiful score lines, masonry effects, and even add aggregates to the formula.
When planning for your updated pool deck, keep in mind that you can also transform the appearance of your backyard patio or walkway. You can either match the look of your pool deck or give it a look that coordinates nicely.
Have you ever made a decision only to regret it later? Most people have, which is both frustrating and costly. Especially when you are looking to hire a concrete resurfacing contractor in Nashville to work on your pool deck, before signing on the dotted line, you want to feel 100 percent confident that you chose the right person for the project.
The key is to look for four specific signs that you selected the right concrete resurfacing contractor in Nashville. Instead of having subpar work performed, you can relax knowing the individual you hired has both the experience and expertise required.
- Specialized Skill – While applying a decorative coating or finish might sound easy, it takes someone with specialized skills. Therefore, always ask for references, look at the portfolios of potential contractors, read online posts, and check out industry-related ratings. The goal is to select someone who has years of experience with pool deck transformations.
- Product Knowledge – It is important that you hire a concrete contractor in Nashville with extensive knowledge of top-of-the-line products like Classic Texture and SunColor. As the customer, you have every right to question the products your contractor uses.
- Customization – If you want a stamped concrete overlay applied to your pool deck but prefer something customized, you should only hire an expert with that capability. For this particular overlay, a lot of people use templates, which is fine. However, for a more personalized look, you need an expert qualified to provide the unique design effect you want.
- Licensed and Trained – Obviously, you only want to do business with a properly licensed and insured concrete contractor in Nashville. At the same time, it is to your advantage to choose someone who has also completed a significant amount of training. Because decorative concrete products, tools, and techniques change, that ensures the individual is on top of his game. For you, that equates to a superior finished project.
Instead of living with dull garage floors, you should consider decorative concrete. Throughout Huntsville, many homeowners have discovered the unique benefits that go along with decorative concrete garage floors, making this the number 1 solution. By taking this route, the results will surprise you.
For one thing, you can select from a host of high-quality products, such as SunStone. Although they all yield outstanding results, they work in different ways. You need to determine your preferred look and then choose the appropriate product. For the best outcome possible, also have the work performed by an experienced contractor or installer.
Although you can select from many different coatings for decorative concrete garage floors, consider SunStone. This is an architectural limestone coating that looks and feels like quarried stone. In fact, this coating looks so incredible that your friends will likely not believe you when you tell you achieved the look with a coating rather than real limestone.
Because this is a custom handcrafted product, you will end up with one-of-a-kind decorative concrete garage floors. Even if your neighbors chose the same product, no two surfaces would look the same. If you want to create a home different from all the others in the neighborhood, this is an excellent way to accomplish your goal.
The new decorative concrete garage floors at your Huntsville home will provide you with years of enjoyment. However, if the day comes that you decide to sell your house, they will give you an advantage in that they enhance both the appearance and value of the property. Just because you park vehicles in the garage and work on various projects does not mean you have to settle for traditional floors.
Once the installer seals the decorative concrete garage floors at your Huntsville home, they will withstand not only daily wear and tear but also abrasions, impacts, stains, oil, water, and much more.
Your Nashville hair salon may be a place where customers come for new hairstyles, coloring, perms, straightening, and more, but it is also a business that deals with a lot of chemicals and foot traffic and needs ongoing cleanup. For your part, decorative concrete floors will eliminate a lot of work while still providing your clientele with a safe and relaxing place to have their hair done.
For the concrete floors in your Nashville hair salon, you can select solutions on both ends of the spectrum. That means you can have a professional installer create a pattern that mimics other materials, like wood, brick, rock, slate, and so on, using a template. In this case, a top-of-the-line product like SunStamp achieves optimum results. The other possibility entails having an artisan hand-trowel a coating using a superior product like Tuscan. As a handcrafted overlay, the outcome will surpass your expectations.
Although these two options produce different results, they can both transform the concrete floors in your Nashville business.
- Competition – In a fiercely competitive industry, gorgeous floors give you a leg up on the competition. In your salon, customers enjoy a full spa-like experience consisting of comfort, relaxation, and tranquility.
- Versatility – With endless colors, patterns, and textures, you can transform the concrete floors in your Nashville hair salon in any way that you want.
- Durability – Decorative concrete floors are highly durable. As such, they easily handle heavy foot traffic.
- Customization – Color, patterns, textures, and aggregates allow you to customize the look of your floors.
- Long-Lasting – When professionally applied, a top product will provide you with floors that remain beautiful for a long time.
- Resistance – When sealed for added protection, both stamped and hand-troweled decorative coatings offer resistance to chemicals, oil, water, abrasion, impact, and stains, all potential risks associated with your hair salon in Nashville. Enjoy concrete floors that look fantastic yet hold up to almost anything.
Colored concrete surfaces located outdoors in Nashville could begin to fade quickly if you do not select the right product. As imagined, it’s pretty disheartening, especially if you only recently had a driveway, walkway, porch, patio, or pool deck colored. Instead of taking a risk on fading color, make sure the contractor or installer you hire uses top-of-the-line products, such as Classic Texture.
At the same time, it is essential that you go with someone who has experience working with colored concrete. That way you end up with the look you want without worrying about premature discoloration. In fact, when an experienced professional uses a superior-quality product, the outdoor concrete at your Nashville home or business should never fade or become discolored. Instead, you would have a beautiful surface that would likely outlast the time you own the property.
There are some important things to consider. For instance, if you decide to have an outdoor concrete surface stained, you would have different results from a water- or acid-based product. The reason: A water-based stain changes the color on the surface, while an acid-based stain penetrates the concrete, which creates a deeper more rustic natural color.
Also, no matter what type of colored concrete system you select for your Nashville home or business, you always want a sealer applied. That way, the overlay, stain, or coating has a second layer of protection that will help extend the life and vibrancy of the color. Just as with the decorative concrete product, you want a high-quality sealer.
If you plan to have colored concrete installed in an area of your Nashville property that receives a lot of direct sunlight, choose a product with UV resistance. That will keep the color bright for years. For outstanding results, it comes down to the type and quality of the product, any unique characteristics, the location of the transformed area, and the application process. With all the right choices, the color will remain gorgeous for 10 to 15 years or more.