Acrylic Spray Texture Overlay
“THE ORIGINAL Spray Texture Overlay Since 1970”
Classic Texture Overview
If you have ever walked on a safe and comfortable pool deck, chances are it was the Sundek CLASSIC texture. This is the decorative concrete application that helped launch the decorative concrete industry. Many custom effects can be achieved in conjunction with Sundek Classic Texture that will enhance any project, including: SunStamp TUSCAN, masonry effects, various aggregate effects, and custom score cut lines.Classic Texture Gallery
Projects Featuring Classic Texture (click to enlarge)
Classic Texture Concrete Coating Video
The decorative concrete industry was launched with the help of the SUNDEK CLASSIC Texture decorative concrete application. If you have ever experienced walking on a comfortable and safe pool deck, chances are great that it was SUNDEK. The CLASSIC Texture can be combined with masonry effects, Custom Scoreline, Aggregate Effects, SunStamp, TUSCAN and all other concrete applications to enhance your project.
Features and Benefits: This application is the original spray texture overlay system. Due to its many benefits, the CLASSIC texture system is commonly specified by architects, major commercial properties and military installations, and many homeowners also request it for their homes. Sundek’s Classic Texture benefits include:
- Its slip-resistant texture ensures a safe environment in many type of conditions.
- It saves time and money typically spent on maintenance, because the non-porous properties of the material keep dirt, chemicals and oils from penetrating into the surface.
- It is cooler than plain concrete, tile or brick.
- The different degrees of texture create a comfortable walking surface for the bare foot.
- It is a durable and very economical system compared to most decorative concrete coatings available on the market.
- It gives the option for a variety of specialty design and effects due to the 3-5 step process that provides a consistent chemical bond with the concrete with each step installed.
Where to use it: CLASSIC texture is ideal for:
- Pool Deck and Surrounds
- Horizontal and Vertical applications
- Commercial and Residential settings
How it’s done: The SUNDEK CLASSIC texture is a water-based acrylic spray texture system. It’s sprayed onto a surface of existing concrete and then “knocked down,” or troweled down, with the edge of a trowel. This special process creates a texture created that is slip resistant on the surface and a pleasure to walk on with bare feet. Once the texture coating has cured and dried, an acrylic based finish coat is applied on the surface. This finish coat contains the final color and layer of protection. Different design templates can also be added to create the look of brick, stone, tile, or custom graphics. Additional effects can also be added to help camouflage the elements, such as Custom Scoreline (using existing cracks in the surface to incorporate them into a custom pattern) or Aggregate Effects (multiple acrylic colors applied to the surface).