Decorative Concrete Staining – Breathing New Life to Old Concrete
Looking for a quick, inexpensive way to bring color and class to old concrete slabs? Stained Concrete is perfect for both home and commercial surfaces. Concrete staining is ideal for any surface: the patio, driveway, garage floor, pool deck, and even walkways. The unique, multicolored outcome enhances the overall look of a home and makes it all the more inviting.
Why Choose Staining?
Staining concrete adds tone and function. This solution is available in dye or tint and sealer. The color components used in concrete paint are different from the particles used in staining. There are other methods of coloring concrete but this is highly recommended for many good reasons, such as:
- It penetrates past the surface, making it less vulnerable to peeling, fading, and flaking.
- Stains come in a variety of colors, all of which you can mix and combine to create new, exciting hues.
- Stains can be applied directly on surfaces or on coatings and overlays, such as stamped overlays and spray knockdown finish.
- It is a cost-effective option, providing the most benefits at an affordable price.
- It comes in two kinds: Acid and Water-based.
Understanding Acid and Water-based Stains
While both add color to plain concrete, they do so in different ways and with different results.
- Water-based stain is a non-reactive solution made from water-based acrylic. Its properties do not require any chemical reaction to yield color. Non-reactive particles are inserted into the concrete exteriors to produce color. The produced color is consistent and dense. Water-based stained colors are available in a wide range of choices.
- Acid stain is a reactive stain made from water-based acid stain with traces of metallic salt. The lime substance of concrete reacts with the metallic salt content to make the acid stain adhere permanently to the concrete. Acid stain solution is made from a water-based acidic mixture, water, and hydrochloric acid components. The application of these types of stains is different from the ones used by an ordinary paint. This is available in an earth color scheme that includes brown, blue green, terracotta, and tan.
Work with an expert stained concrete contractor. Call (615) 822-7134 now!
Colored concrete stain produces results that are different from concrete paint. We at Sundek of Nashville offer staining solutions that are readily available to beautify your surfaces, be it indoors or out. Since 1984, we have committed our skill and expertise to enhancing and restoring concrete for both residential and commercial locations in the Nashville area. Aside from stained concrete, we also specialize in stamped overlay, epoxy flooring, spray knockdown finish, and polyurea polyaspartic coating.
Get one step closer to your dream home. Give us a call or send us an email for inquiries and quote requests.